NECEC is the premier voice of businesses building a world-class clean energy hub in the Northeast.
NECEC (Northeast Clean Energy Council & NECEC Institute) is a unique blend of a trade organization and a non-profit, dedicated to leading the just, equitable and rapid transition to a clean energy future and a diverse climate economy. We promote the widespread adoption of clean energy and climate technologies, driven by companies that offer innovative and scalable solutions, with the aim of decarbonizing all aspects of society. Our approach focuses on five key areas: Innovation, Policy, Climate Economy Ecosystem, Workforce Development and Municipal Leadership. NECEC’s membership includes venture capital investors, financial institutions, universities, incubators, industry associations, utilities and large commercial end-energy users. Visit our searchable Member Directory to see what organizations are already members.
NECEC Member Benefits:
- Advocacy & Policy Expertise - NECEC is the leading voice of the clean energy economy in the Northeast. Our policy team is highly skilled at effectively educating policymakers and legislators and influencing policy. We advocate on behalf of our members at the legislative level in New England and in select regulatory proceedings in New England and New York.
- Events - Members receive free tickets to NECEC’s signature events including our four Clean Energy Days at state capitols (Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts), Emerging Trends Series panel discussion events, the Annual Legislative Roundup, seasonal Member Mixers, and NECEC’s Annual Meeting. Additionally, members receive discounts to NECEC summits (such as the Cleantech Financial Innovation Summit) and NECEC's Green Tie Gala - the premier clean energy networking event in the Northeast.
- Committees & Working Groups - Members are eligible to participate in NECEC’s Policy Committee and Working Groups. These committees provide the opportunity for members to influence NECEC’s policy development and advocacy strategy while providing valuable networking and business development opportunities with other members.
- Exposure and Public Relations Support - Members are listed on NECEC’s member directory and have the opportunity to submit company news for posting on our Member News page and social media channels. NECEC’s communications team actively promotes the work and accomplishments of our members through connections with regional and industry media.
- Members-Only Newsletter - NECEC’s Clean Energy Update is our member and sponsor newsletter that provides the latest Northeast clean energy policy and market news, as well as general clean energy industry news to our members on a bi-weekly basis. Our sought-after newsletter also provides listings and discounts to clean energy industry events, opportunities to engage with the region’s cleantech entrepreneur community, and news about RFPs and other business development opportunities.
- NECEC’s Policy Portal - NECEC members receive access to our online policy portal, a central repository for timely information about pending legislation and regulatory proceeding content, as well as NECEC testimony and comments.
- Networking - NECEC events offer one of the best industry networking opportunities. Members have access to events and working groups to meet and connect with industry leaders to help grow their business.