Policy & Advocacy
As the leading clean energy business organization in the region, NECEC is the business voice of the region’s clean energy industry, influencing the energy policy agenda and growing the clean energy economy.
NECEC’s results-oriented team brings together business leaders and key stakeholders to engage in influential policy discussions and business initiatives while building connections that propel the clean energy industry forward.
We are committed to keeping our members informed of the latest energy policy developments and mobilizing our membership to advocate for policies that will help make the Northeast a global leader in clean energy.
NECEC supports local, state and federal initiatives to advance state, regional and federal clean energy policy through the following activities:
- Develops new clean energy policy proposals and proposals for program designs
- Advocates for legislation to grow the clean energy sector
- Engages with policy makers and regulatory agencies to influence clean energy policy and regulations
- Hosts public events on clean energy policy and finance issues
- Conducts research on barriers to industry growth
NECEC consults with its members and other clean energy stakeholders to educate policymakers and advance the effectiveness of its advocacy for policy and regulations that create demand and support development and deployment of clean energy technologies. Below are ways you can get involved with NECEC's Policy & Advocacy efforts:
- Government Relations Committee: NECEC coordinates with larger companies with their own policy and advocacy capabilities to enhance the effectiveness of their regulatory and policy advocacy activities.
- Policy Committee: NECEC updates our members on policy developments through its Policy Committee, which meets monthly and is open to all NECEC members. Subject-specific working groups on current policy issues are established as needed to focus on and develop positions.
- Newsroom and Blog: Stay up-to-date with NECEC's public comments and testimony on clean energy policy, by visiting our Newsroom and our Blog.
Members can contact Policy@necec.org to learn about how to join the Government Relations Committee, Policy Committee and other working groups.