Policy Activities & Issues
NECEC works in the six New England states and New York to advance clean energy policies and programs that create business opportunities for NECEC members and the industry at large.
With state coordinators or partner organizations in Connecticut, New Hampshire (Clean Energy NH), Maine (E2Tech), Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont (REV), NECEC is actively developing and influencing energy policy that helps clean energy businesses grow.
Through our Policy Committee and an array of policy working groups, NECEC focuses on the following clean energy policy issues likely to affect market development and business and growth opportunities for our members:
- Innovative Clean Energy Financing (PACE/Green Banks)
- Distributed Generation (Incentives, Interconnection, Regulation)
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Response
- 21st Century Energy System/Utility of the Future/Grid Modernization
- Grid Scale Renewables
- Net Metering
- Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Advanced Energy Storage
- Transmission for Renewables and Clean Energy
- Offshore Wind
- Advanced Transportation
Each spring, NECEC hosts Clean Energy Days in the region's state capitals in which NECEC arranges meetings and briefings between NECEC member executives and state lawmakers and administration officials.
Public comments, testimony and reports issued by the NECEC team are posted in our Policy Portal.