NECEC Virtual Event Code of Conduct
NECEC is committed to hosting events that are inclusive and free from discrimination and harassment. All participants of NECEC virtual events must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Adhere to rules and instructions of event staff.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech (both verbal and written).
- Alert event organizers if you notice any behavior that is not aligned with this code of conduct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Sharing your event login credentials with other individuals or posting it in a public forum.
- Harassment or discrimination including any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing; sustained disruption of sessions or speakers.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing in video or photos that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon in your photos or video.
- Showcasing or promoting any inappropriate content or illegal substance in conversation, chat, photo, video, or text.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates this Code of Conduct, contact us immediately at email@example.com.