Emerging Trends Series: Where Transportation Converges with Cleantech
With cities and states around the country committed to reducing carbon emissions in the transportation sector, the sector is going through dramatic changes such as the advancements of electrification, ride sharing and autonomous vehicles. Combine that with the the changes taking place in the energy sector, including decentralization, digitization and the need for decarbonization, which altogether create huge opportunities for innovation.
Please join NECEC for a robust discussion of the opportunities and challenges of converging transportation and cleantech. Experts will speak to the key issues including:
- What does it mean to electrify transportation?
- How does the future of clean transportation take advantage of new models such as ride-sharing?
- How does clean transportation leverage new technologies such as autonomous vehicles and distributed / digitalization trends?
- We know we need to install EV charging infrastructure and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure but how do we innovate with finance and business models to make this infrastructure cost-effective, inclusive, and responsive to public, private and other stakeholder needs?
- How does urban planning and design change to accommodate ZEVs?
- How will EV charging loads impact distribution system planning?
- How and where will AV charge and how will this impact grid coordination?
Location: Schneider Electric One Boston Place Boston, MA 02201