Emerging Trends Series: The Future of Net Metering
Net metering has been a successful policy strategy driving clean energy development across the northeast and across the United States. In recent years, however, net metering policies have come into scrutiny around its long-term viability. This has raised a number of questions about the future of net metering policies and, more broadly, how policymakers should be driving the increased levels of zero emission distributed energy resources needed to meet clean energy and climate policy targets.
Join us and a panel of experts for a discussion of where Northeast net metering policy is heading!
- Laura Bickel, Senior Counsel, National Grid
- Courtney Feeley Karp, Senior Counsel, Klavens Law Group
- Kelly Friend, Vice President, Policy & Regulatory Affairs, Nexamp
- Marissa Paslick Gillett, Chairman, Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Nathan Phelps, Regulatory Director, Vote Solar