Connecting Regions on the Road to COP26: Lessons from the North Sea
NECEC is excited to announce a virtual event series as part of its Emerging Trend Series, Connecting Regions on the Road to COP26, sponsored by National Grid, a Principal Partner for COP26.
To meet the ambitious carbon reduction goals needed to stay on a well below 2-degree pathway, collaboration will be key. Join us for this first virtual event to hear a keynote on what to expect on the ‘Road to COP26’ this November and what is needed to achieve the 2030 targets that will ensure we are on a path to net zero by 2050. Hear a panel of experts share lessons learned from scaling the offshore wind industry in the UK and integrating this resource into the grid, and discuss how to translate these practices to scale offshore wind in the Northeast U.S.
11:00 a.m. - Welcome from Peter Rothstein, President, NECEC
11:10 a.m. - Opening Keynote: Badar Khan, U.S. President | National Grid
11:30 a.m. - Panel Discussion: Integrating Lessons Learned from UK Offshore Wind into the Northeast U.S. Grid
- Alistair Pim, Vice President, Innovation & Partnerships | NECEC (moderator)
- Cordi O’Hara, President | National Grid Ventures
- Chris Fox, Head of Europe and Offshore | UK Government Department of Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy
- James Cotter, GM Offshore Wind Americas | Shell
- Doreen Harris, CEO | NYSERDA
12:10 p.m. - Fireside Chat:
- Peter Rothstein, President | NECEC
- David Hardy, CEO, Offshore North America | Orsted
12:25 p.m. - Closing Remarks