Become a Member
NECEC’s results-oriented team brings together business leaders and key stakeholders to engage in influential policy discussions and business initiatives while building connections that propel the clean energy industry forward. NECEC is the only organization that covers all of the clean energy market segments in the Northeast, representing the business perspectives of clean energy companies that span the broad spectrum of the clean energy industry, including energy efficiency, demand response, renewable energy, combined heat and power, energy storage, fuel cells, advanced and “smart” technologies, and many more. NECEC’s members, sponsors, and network include companies at every stage of development, as well as venture capital investors, financial institutions, universities, incubators, industry associations, law, accounting and marketing firms, utilities and more.
Make NECEC your partner in the clean energy economy of the future by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
NECEC's membership team will contact you with an invoice for membership dues. Dues levels (listed here) are based on the type of business category as well as company size. For more information about becoming a member, please contact NECEC Membership Manager Brennan Molina (617.500.9997).
NECEC Membership Benefits Include:
- Advocacy & Policy Expertise - NECEC is the leading voice of the clean energy economy in the Northeast. Our policy team, led by Executive Vice President Janet Gail Besser, is highly skilled at effectively educating policymakers and legislators and influencing policy. We advocate on behalf of our members at the legislative level in New England and in select regulatory proceedings in New England and New York.
- Events - Members receive free tickets to NECEC’s signature events including our four Clean Energy Days at State Capitols (Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts), five annual Emerging Trends Series panel discussion events, the Annual Legislative Roundup, seasonal Member Mixers and NECEC’s Annual Meeting. Additionally, members receive discounts to NECEC Summits (such as the Cleantech Financial Innovations Summit) and NECEC’s Annual Green Tie Gala--the premier clean energy networking event in the Northeast.
- Committees & Working Groups - Members are eligible to participate in NECEC’s Policy Committee and Working Groups. These committees provide the opportunity for members to influence NECEC’s policy development and advocacy strategy while providing valuable networking and business development opportunities with other members.
- Exposure and Public Relations Support - Members are listed on NECEC’s member directory and have the opportunity to submit company news for posting our Member News page and social media channels. NECEC’s communications team actively promotes the work and accomplishments of our members through connections with regional and industry media. Public relations professionals at member companies are eligible to also join the Public Relations Committee for networking with other PR professionals and to help promote NECEC events and activities.
- Members-Only Newsletter - NECEC’s Clean Energy Update is our member and sponsor newsletter that provides the latest Northeast clean energy policy and market news, as well as general clean energy industry news to our members on a bi-weekly basis. Our sought-after newsletter also provides listings and discounts to clean energy industry events, opportunities to engage with the region’s cleantech entrepreneur community, and news about RFPs and other business development opportunities.
- NECEC’s Policy Web Portal - NECEC Members receive access to our online policy portal, a central repository for timely information about pending legislation and regulatory proceeding content, as well as NECEC testimony and comments.
- Networking - NECEC events offer one of the best industry networking opportunities. Members have access to events, and working groups to meet and connect with industry leaders to help grow their business.