"Current" Events in Stormwater
Public works directors and managers in Maine’s 30 Small Municipal Separate Stormwater Sewer System (Small MS4) municipalities, the Maine Turnpike Authority, the Maine Department of Transportation and others are trying to keep afloat, coping with a wave of federal and State stormwater permit requirements and enforcement audits.
This Forum presented by NECEC's Maine affiliate E2Tech is aimed at consultants, engineers, municipal and State officials, regulators and policy makers and it will:
- Provide an overview of Clean Water Act law and regulation and of recent enforcement efforts.
- Present the municipal perspective on recent Maine DEP and US EPA stormwater enforcement audits in Bangor and South Portland.
- Review new stormwater management technologies and approaches -- especially those that present less frequent/intensive maintenance obligations – to assist municipalities and other entities subject to CWA stormwater regulation as they attempt to comply with the law.
- William Taylor, Esq. Pierce Atwood
- Brad Moore, City of Bangor, Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent
- Fred Dillon, City of South Portland, Stormwater Program Coordinator, South Portland Water Resource Protection Department
- Dr. Thomas P. Ballestero, P.E., Director, University of New Hampshire Stormwater Center
Jim Katsiaficas, Esq., Perkins Thompson, will moderate this panel.
Register today! NECEC Members may register at the E2Tech member rate