Emerging Trends Series: Offshore Wind
After decades of speculation about offshore wind’s future in the United States, the industry that has long powered grids in Europe has finally arrived in the Northeast. In the last year America’s first offshore wind project--off the coast of Rhode Island--started spinning and delivering power to the grid, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker signed into law a bill authorizing the procurement of 1,600 megawatts of offshore wind, and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo committed to 2,400 megawatts of offshore wind off the coast of New York by 2030. Meanwhile, major utilities have announced agreements with developers to purchase energy generated from the projects planned for the eastern seaboard.
Join NECEC— the premier voice of businesses building a world-class clean energy hub in the Northeast—and Foley Hoag’s Energy and Cleantech practice for a not-to-be-missed discussion with offshore wind developers, leading public officials, investors and experts at the cutting edge of the Northeast’s emerging offshore wind market.
Speakers located in Boston will include:
- Lars Thaaning Pederson, Co CEO, Copenhagen Offshore Partners
- Thomas Brostrøm, General Manager North America, Wind Power, DONG Energy
- Stephen Pike, CEO, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Alicia Barton, Counsel, Foley Hoag (moderator)
Speakers located in New York will include:
- Doreen M. Harris, Director, Large-Scale Renewables, NYSERDA
- Clint Plummer, Vice President, Deepwater Wind
- Derek Stilwell, Commercial Leader – North America, GE Renewable Energy
- Peter Rothstein, President, NECEC (moderator)
Location: Foley Hoag LLP (Boston - Seaport West 155 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA or 1540 Broadway 8th Floor, New York, NY)